A trimmer is used to trim lawn edges where a mower can’t reach. A trimmer with a curved shaft is often used for easy trimming around lawns and flower beds. Machines with straight shafts and bevel gears are designed for more demanding jobs, and they make it easier to reach under hedges, bushes and the like. As an accessory, the straight-shaft trimmers can have a J handle which prevents the user from getting too close to the cutting equipment. When cutting with a grass blade, a J handle should always be attached. If you want a trimmer to master even more garden tasks you should consider one with detachable shaft. Besides being easy to store they truly are multi-purpose machines that can be fitted with several attachments such as hedge trimmer, blower, edger, pole saw and sweeper.
Things to keep in mind when buying a trimmer:
- Your trimmer should be high powered and have rapid acceleration for maximum efficiency.
- The machine should have comfortable handles.
- The engine should be easy to start.
- The trimmer should be as light as possible.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh