The first question you should ask is, what kind of work do I need the saw for? Our extensive saw program includes models ranging from full-time professional saws to all-round and leisure or hobby saws.
Professional saws, XP and Powerful robust saws are designed for daily operation and are intended for users who demand the best. XP-saws are the most efficient and best performance saws in the range. Powerful robust saws give the operator the best durability for the most heavy duty work. All-round saws are designed for regular, easier use in a variety of situations. In most cases they share the same basic design as the professional saws. The leisure or hobby saws are designed for those who use the saw occasionally, and who priorities ease of use rather than extreme performance.
Things to keep in mind when buying a chainsaw:
- Employing the correct techniques when you use the saw makes your work a great deal safer and easier.
- Be sure to use approved protective equipment like safety trousers, safety boots, helmet with visor and hearing protection and gloves.
- A light saw is easier to handle if you’re not too experienced.
- Ergonomic engineering and design. Low vibration levels in the handles, a slim and well balanced saw body are welcome features, even if you only use the saw part-time. Good ergonomics can be just as important as low weight.
- Efficient kickback protection is a requirement in most countries. Also pay attention to small details, for instance how easy it is to replace a chain catcher stud that has been broken off and easy access to controls.
- Is the saw easy to maintain and service? Good access to the air filter and spark plug, and easy chain tensioning save time and effort.
- Your saw will appreciate regular servicing by a qualified professional.